author citation

A patron of ours is looking for the author of a poem "Mekhorati"  It was
apparently used as the lyrics to a folksong popular in the 40's and 50's.
It was included in a collection entitled _Songs of Zion_ /ed. Harry
Coopersmith (Behrman House, 1948), but did not credit an author.

The words are:
Mekhorati nof moladeti
Sheon galim bayam
Ve-tsel harim saviv, saviv
Kol tanim babar
Heah moledet moladeti
Hurshat kanim namah
Ve-kol halil ba-hatsot halil
Midbar harim uv-ruah

If anyone has information about the author or added verses, we would
appreciate it!

Sheryl Stahl
sfstahl (at) huc(dot)edu