Re: Paul Simon's music--and Cab Calloway's

Is this (1st paragraph) statement about Paul Simon's "The Boxer" actually
factual--i.e., known--or offered tongue-in-cheek?  Because, interestingly,
Cab Calloway's scat singing  started when he forgot the words (as opposed
to, but surely parallel to, not coming up w/ new ones) to a song he was
singing on live radio; the (live, radio) audience loved his improvisatory
filling in (apparently somewhat inspired by the cantorial singing he heard
in his childhood Baltimore), so he "kept it in," as they say in show biz,
and thence was a career made. -- Robert Cohen  P.S.  I don't quarrel w/ the
2nd-paragraph statement about Paul Simon as Jew (i.e., in his music), but
his song "Silent Eyes" is, overtly, "about" Jerusalem.  (I hope I have the
title right.)