RE: Psalm 133 and The Battle Hymn of the Republic

I can't verify, at least not right now, whether it was published w/out a
designated melody (sometimes the intended melody was known, and understood,
w/out being identified), but Julia Ward Howe wrote "The Battle Hymn of the
Republic" after hearing Union soldiers sing "John Brown's Body" and
specifically to be sung, as new verses, to that melody; the words were not
"set" to "John Brown's Body" afterwards--rlc