RE: Psalm 133 and The Battle Hymn of the Republic

When I was in summer camp, we sang 'Hinei ma tov umanaim shevet achim gam
yachad' to a very large variety of tunes, and The Battle Hymn of the
Republic was one of them.

Hinei ma tov umanaim
Hinei ma tov umanaim
Hinei ma tov umanaim
Shevet achim gam yachad!

By the way, I understand that melody to have been originally written as the
Methodist hymn 'Oh Brother Won't You Meet Me On Canaan's Happy Shore.'
After John Brown's failed revolt, the song 'John Brown's Body' was set to
it.  During the Civil War, Julia Ward Howe's poem 'The Battle Hymn of the
Republic' was set to it (it was originally published without any suggested
melody.)

And don't forget the camp bus song, 'John Brown's Baby Had a Cold Upon His
Chest.'

Jacob Bloom