Re: tsvay strunes

If you don't want to ruin a good fiddle, you can get a reverse curve bow
and leave the bow hair rather loose.  This way you can play 3 strings at
once without flattening the bridge and switch to your regular bow for
playing melody.  Search for a Baroque bow or a Greek lyra bow to get one
with a reverse curve.

Now here's a question.  In Hungarian Gypsy fiddling, I understand that
sekund refers to counter melodies and Contra refers to the chording.  How
did sekund become the word for chording in Jewish fiddling.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340