Re: "Ladino" primer

I thoroughly admire Judith's conscientiousness about new repertoire, and
some amount/degree of that should surely inform all our efforts at playing
and/or presenting music--but I only want to respectfully, humbly suggest,
that if, say, Pete Seeger had followed Judith's thoroughly admirable "total
approach," he would probably never have recorded most of the songs from
other countries and languages that he did!  I think we should be open to
some more tentative, less total-immersion wadings into the water of new
repertoire on the part of our musicians; encouraging, of course, as thorough
a learning of repertoire/language/background as possible; but not requiring
scholarship on Judith's level--as much as I admire it, andrespond to it as
an obsessive perfectionist myself--of everyone!  Just a thought.