Re: Mahler/smahler/take 2

Robert:
Read up about his life, and you will find that he was tremendously
conflicted about his conversion.  His wife, Alma's biography says the same
thing.  Although I never doubt that one can convert sincerely, for spiritual
reasons to a religious group, I've got serious doubts about Mahler.  Also, I
just get tired of any reviewer trotting out Christianity as a way to support
a musical hypothesis.  Maybe he was sincerely Christian, maybe he wasn't.  I
don't think so.  But hey, that's what makes a horse-race!

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->