Sephardic 78 r.p.m. discography

Chevra:

I have completed a draft discography of Sephardic music on 78 r.p.m.
recordings. The scope is worldwide. I have entries from the following
European labels: Columbia Records (Turkey), Gramophone, Pathé, Polyphon,
Odeon, Orfeon and Zonophone.

European artists include Jacob Algava, Isaac Algazi (also listed as Isaac
Salamon Efendi and Isaac Efendi), Albert Beressi, Çakum Effendi, Isaac
Capoua, Elie Cohen, Haim Effendi, Isac Haïm, Mlle. Mariette, Ovanes
Effendi, Albert Pessah, Isachino Pessah, Mme. Rosa and Salamon Effendi.

The North American labels represented are Angel Record Co., Columbia
Records (US), Comix, Electro-Vox, Mayesh Phonograph Records, Mere
Metropolitan, Odeon (US), and Palomba Record and Talking Machine Co.

North American artists: Isaac Angel, David Cicourel, Victoria Hazan, Jack
Mayesh, The Stamboul Quartette and Menachem Tsarfati.

At this point I need expert review of the discography for completeness and
accuracy. I would like to target my correspondence to readers who may be
able to provide additional listings, or information on the artists and
their labels - both obscure ones, and the Ottoman recording activities of
majors like Odeon and Gramophone. Please hold off for now if you are just
generally interested; when the work is complete I promise to post it on a
WWW site where it will be a click away.

Kindly send me a private email for a review copy in MS Word format.

Sincerely,

Joel Bresler

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com