Re: Hava Nagila

Moshe Nathanson wrote (as a 10-year-old boy or so!) the _words_ to Hava
Nagila, whose melody is a Hassidic _niggun_ of the Sadigor Hassidim of
Hungary, which (the melody) was collected by Avraham Tzvi Idelsohn.  The
melody of the first paragraph of benching (aka "Grace After Meals"--but
_not_ the words!--_was_ composed by Nathanson, and has indeed been adopted
by amcha as a "folk" melody:  It has long since "lost its composer," in
other words, and did so w/in Nathanson's lifetime (to his amusement and/or
consternation).