Re: Spanish-Jewish Romance Songs

I am in the enviable position of being someone whose interests vastly
outstrip his knowledge <G>

I am preparing a comprehensive discography of commercial recordings
containing at least one Judeo-Spanish song. The scope is worldwide, 78 era
to the present. I have it all in a database now approaching 1,000
recordings and 6,000 song performances. Ultimately the research will go up
on a long-threatened, long-delayed website, <www.sephardicmusic.com> along
with articles about the culture, music and history of the Sephardim.

I am also trying to collect as many of the recordings as is possible, with
something over 500 in hand currently.

I welcome all correspondence about recordings with Sephardic music, the
more arcane the better.

Best,

Joel