Re:Love is all there is, you know.

To Kame
I can't be bothered with this character assassination stuff!!!
I did not bring up Elvis-someone else on your list did.
As for Rabbi Joe Shubow, I am very proud to be related to him.
A small story for you...in the 1940's/1950's there was a racist,SOB priest
named Father Coughlin, one of his equally racist contemporaries, named I
believe Father Feeney, began preaching his own brand of Anti-Semetic crap in
Boston.  Even though Feeney was eventually de-frocked, he did considerable
damage in the Jewish, African-American and Asian communities.  People
stirred up by his particular brand of hatred,went into communities and beat
the hell out of everyone that they could get their hands on. Joe Shubow went
with about 15 people down to the Boston Commons and confronted Feeney and
his bullies.  Not bad for 1940's/1950's, hunh?
I do not expect you to give a damn...about what comes out of your keyboard,
that you direct at others.  That may be too much to ask.  But it is my right
as a human being, who is proud of being a Jewish person, to say exactly what
I think.
If this irritates you may I suggest a quote from William Shakespeare-"Thou
doth protest too much and too loudly."  Translation---it's pretty damned
easy to slam me when you don't have to look at me!
I got on this list to hear about Jewish music, culture and what you have to
say---this is a Free country, that means I get to put in my 2 cents, also.
As for St, John's Wort...I've never needed it.  Listening to good music,
from whatever inspirational place in HaShem's Universe usually does the
trick for me.
As for anti-semetic Black Music.  Yes, there is.  But...that's not all there
is out there in the black community--that was my point, no matter how
philpul you took it.
Be Well, even if it's a stretch for you to wish me well.
P.S. I am always judged souly on my merits by HaShem, the great Judge and
not by you or by me.  That kind of judgement and credential is too easy "to
fake"
Zei Gezunt, TCG