From:  Trudi Goodman[SMTP:goobietheg (at) hotmail(dot)com]
Sent:  Tuesday, July 13, 1999 4:33 PM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Re: Elvis Stuff

>From Trudi Goodman:
I want to know why you are all so obsessed with who is Jewish???
It makes you what, better Yidn?
My response is to try having a sense of humor.  It wouldn't kill you. I'm
fairly religious, so I am not requesting that someone not care about that.
What I am requesting is that people just GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSES ABOUT
JEWS.!!!
WE ARE JUST PEOPLE, NOT BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANY OTHER PEOPLE.
I am all for celebrating Jewish diversity.  That means everybody's
diversity.  And if the El was proud of his Jewish relatives, so
be it.  That is good enough for me.
If you don't like that, and need to see a frum Jew under
every bush and tree in someone's family tree, I feel sorry for you. Because
it means that you are short-sighted and unrealistic about what it means to
be a Jew in the world.
As for my credentials as a Yid---my first cousin was Joseph Shubow, the
chief Rabbi of Boston, is that GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?
Zei Gezunt.
And how about some discussions about Jewish culture and diversity???
My mother's family is North African and I would like to hear more about
that.
As for the slam about Black music?  Why is that chazerei necessary?
Good music is good music.  As Mozart said(himself rumored to be a Jew)
Love...Love... that is the Soul of genuis.
So try some love here, as opposed to sectarianism!
I'm tired of this from you guys and incredibly pissed off about it.
Shalom and Peace be with you.
Trudi Goodman