Re: Liturgical Music that stirs my soul!

DrRMF2700 (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> I believe the author interviewed on NPR re history of accordian said the
> initial value of the accordian was its ability to be heard in a village or
> shtetl by a larger group of people than say a guitar, violin or clarinet. The
> traveling piano was for the assembled commonfolk in the woods as opposed to
> the amplified acoustics of the concert hall.
> The haughty nazi elite considered the accordian vulgar, low class for
> gypsys..and other commoners. Long live the accordian!

This seems very dubious. How could they ban what was undoubtedly the
most popular instrument in Germany? If they banned Jewish wedding
music, it wouldn't have mattered what instruments it was played on.
Germans and Austrians played it widely. Who is this author?

Paul Gifford