Re: Liturgical Music that stirs my soul!

If you would like posts "on Jewish music and its rapid exciting new
expressions",
why don't YOU start a thread about that and we, who are also interested in
the same, will interact with you.   But since you are a rare poster, I
don't think that you should tell others what threads they should or
shouldn't pursue.   I don't personally give a damn about Igelsias...
Why don't _you_ post about things that are meaningful to you?

Reyzl,
That is a wonderful suggestion and I accept the challenge to contribute and
or share rather than complain. Thanks!
What excites me these days in both playing and listening... is the
interpretation of 'Jewish Music' on the accordian, an instrument banned by
the Nazis(NPR-98).
With my accordian I have been playing some of the remembered melodies of
synagogue i.e. Avenu Malkenu, Bay bay anah rachetz..., adonai, adonai al
rachun.....Any other stirring ashkenazic synagogue favorites out there?
I have a klezmer trio and we play nursing homes and senior centers recreating
as best as we can some favorite Klezmer tunes of KCB 'oyses git'(ah... I luv
it and the arrangement cooks )Klezmatics, and the "standards"( a fascinating
discussion on earlier posts that made me think I was on the right list)
So, I am interested in learning both liturgical and yiddush/klezmer tunes
that can stir the jewish soul, young and old, to laughter and tears.
Robert