Re: Liturgical Music that stirs my soul!

<< Why would they ban an instrument?   >>

I believe the author interviewed on NPR re history of accordian said the
initial value of the accordian was its ability to be heard in a village or
shtetl by a larger group of people than say a guitar, violin or clarinet. The
traveling piano was for the assembled commonfolk in the woods as opposed to
the amplified acoustics of the concert hall.
The haughty nazi elite considered the accordian vulgar, low class for
gypsys..and other commoners. Long live the accordian! By the way, nevermind
Julio Iglesia
how about Al Yankovic a MIcky Katz of sorts, without the yiddish.
Zugi(AKA Robert)