Re: Tsimbls and their kin

Hi, Ilze.  Glad your search was fruitful.  I have an LP of the Chris Kalogerson
ensemble, and also remember hearing them on an old Prarie Home Companion.  I
thought, on first hearing the name, that it was odd to have a Scandinavian
leader
for a Greek band.  Then I realized that the name must have been Anglicized,
midwest-style, from something like "Kalogerakis," (indicating that some family
patriarch had entered a monastery).  This is in cross-reference to the current
thread about Julio Iglesias.

Owen

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided o'er my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake