RE: Debbie Friedman article

I would like to add, that, in my adult experience, which means belonging
to a unaffiliated Reform/Reconstructionist synagogue, contemporary
"tunes" like Debbie Friedman's "Mi Shebereyach" and "Ose Shalom" and
Chana Senesh's "Eli, Eli" are as moving to me as, for instance, "Atz
Chayim Hi" and what I would call the traditional "Ose Shalom" (although
I have no idea how old or traditional it is). Also, the contemporary
tunes I mentioned are "more" moving to me then, for instance "Ein
Keloheinu", which I learned as a kid in the Orthodox synagogue I
attended. For that matter, Shlomo Carlebach's "Ein Kelokeinu" is more
moving to me than the one that is usually sung in synagogue.

I think that being "moved" by the music and the message thereof is of
paramount importance.

Dick Rosenberg