Re: Very interesting article

I look forward to reading the article.  With all due repect to Debbie, and
the many people for whom her compositions mean so much, I find myself quite
alienated from most of the tunes of hers I've heard in services.  They just
don't appeal to me and it's very important to my spirituality to feel
connected to what sounds I hear.  To paraphrase Marc Ribot, I'd prefer to not
to have to choose between my identities as a musician and as a Jew by being
asked to leave my aesthetics at the door.  This has nothing to do with Debbie
Friedman's sincerity, which certainly affects many listeners deeply.  And I
don't pretend to have surveyed her work; it's just so pervasive that I am
aware of many of those songs out there.

I am not inviting any debate with my personal opinion, nor volunteering any
program ideas.  Simply want to express something which has often caused me
discomfort.  Obviously there are lots and lots of people who feel very
differently.

Eve Sicular