Re: Kiddush Levarah, Esther and Mordecai, etc.

I dont know about kiddush levarah, but Kiddush Levone is the ceremony
for the new moon which must be said while the moon is waxing, and can be
actually viewed. It is traditionally said on Saturday night after
Havdalah,  Or did you know that? I remember a story from my Seminary
days about Chassidm who rented a plane because it was cloudy the last
Saturday night in the waxing moon and they had to fly above the cloud
cover to say Kiddush Levane. I have the ceremony in several Traditional
Siddurim.  jonathan gordon