Re: Judeo Arabic/north African

Joel,

I hadn't mentioned the Tunisian CD before and it's not a reissue of
your LP (which I do not own yet).

Haggada de Pessah': Rite Tunisien
Alain Scetbon et ses eleves
    (sorry for the absence of accents -- maybe Joel can tell me how)
Ness Music  796171 (France)
35 Rue Petit 75019
(33) 01 42 45 10 30
fax (33) 01 42 45 10 90
(purchased in Paris)

Am I correct in assuming that most (all?) of the Trésors de la Chanson
Judéo-Arabe series is secular (without any Jewish references) and in
Arabic?  In other words, without the label, even if I knew Arabic,
would I be able to figure out that it was Judeo-Arabe?

I came across a couple of other CDs in the Trésors de la Chanson
Judéo-Arabe series in a cut-out bin.

Mélodie 79107-2
Blond-Blond

Mélodie 79108-2
Luc Cherki

Is the overview,
Mélodies Judéo-Arabes d?autrefois Blue Silver 50556-2 1997,
distributed in the United States?  Any contact info?

Bob