Re: Judeo Arabic/north African

<<

Am I correct in assuming that most (all?) of the Trésors de la Chanson

Judéo-Arabe series is secular (without any Jewish references) and in

Arabic?  In other words, without the label, even if I knew Arabic,

would I be able to figure out that it was Judeo-Arabe?

Hi Bob and all,
Yes these are basically secular however, according to the booklets the music
is influence by Jewish music-Morroccan, algeriean, etc.
This has been a very popular series for us for quite a few years and though
you might have found some in a cut out bin,  I think it might be that the shop
where you purchased it might be deleting it -it does have limited appeal.
We do very well with the series since there are many people in L.A. from the
Moroccan community.
Simon
Hatikvah