Re: Klezmer Mariachi

Shira
please satisfy my curiousity and I'm sure others.
what is your instrumentation, what sort of arrangements and music are you
playing ?
thanks Ernie (klezmer and ex-mariachi fiddler)

At 21:58 17/02/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Yes, friends - Klezmer Mariachi is alive and well in LA!  We staged the
first concert as part of
>the Yiddishkayt L.A. '98 Festival in October, 1998 (I summarized/reviewed
the festival on the
>Virtual Ashkenaz forum before I joined this list).  It was so well
received that there have been 2
>subsequent performances - one as part of the entertainment for Hillary
Clinton's visit to the
>Breed Street Shul in December! Who knows, maybe we'll do a recording.
>
>Shira (Susan) Lerner
>Co-chair, Yiddishkayt LA

KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC
Management for Jugularity, Klezmeritis & Kalinka
Agency for acoustic musicians  (jazz, classical, celtic, gypsy etc)
Phone/Fax +613 9386 7108          2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
               JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
_________
MAR 6-7 KLEZMERITIS : Port Fairy Folk Festival  &  MAR 21 : Knox Festival
MAR 11: KLEZMERITIS trio and PETA LITHGO & MALAIKA from Perth : venue tbc
MAR 13, 20: JUGULARITY : Craigeburn Festival,  Thomastown Festival
MAR 27: YALLA :  CERES 8 Lee St, Brunswick, 7pm : Middle-Eastern music and
dance
MAR 28: JUGULARITY : Brunswick Festival - kids show