Re: Dutch klez experiences

Gerben
sounds interesting
i was in Amsterdam in June as part of a trip to research and study klezmer.
unfortunately couldnt contact any other musicians but  had a good session
at the jewish museum library.
since then i've been trying to find out about mart heijmans and enquire
about purchasing some more of his klezmer books. do you know him?
thanks ernie

At 22:47 11/01/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear list members,
>
>I have recently started research for a modest book on the history and
>reception of the klezmer revival in the Netherlands. This will partly be an
>oral history project. One thing I want to do is ask musicians from abroad
>about their experiences with performing and playing in the Netherlands. For
>this I am preparing a questionnaire. If people are interested, please
>contact me offline.
>
>Thanks,
>Gerben

>Gerben Zaagsma
>Koninginnelaan 35
>9717 BN  Groningen
>The Netherlands
>
>tel.:       0031-(0)50-3131304
>email:    gerbn (at) wxs(dot)nl

KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC
Management for Jugularity, Klezmeritis & Kalinka
Agency for acoustic musicians  (jazz, classical, celtic, gypsy etc)
Phone/Fax +613 9386 7108          2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
               JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
_________
JUGS :  Warnambool Fest Jan 9-10,     Mornington Fest Jan 26,
Whittlesea  Jan31
KLEZMERITIS : CERES "Music and Dance under the Stars", Brunswick Jan 22
KALINKA : Waterfront Festival, Geelong Jan 25

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->