Klezmer Radio Seeks Help

Dear All,

I just had my first klezmer radio show on Sunday.  It broadcasts on WOBC,
Oberlin College Radio, 91.5 FM in Lorain County, Ohio.  In doing the show,
I quickly realized that my meager collection of klezmer recordings, and
the radio station's even smaller collection, will never get me through
even one month of 2-hour shows!

I am writing for advice and help on improving the collections of me and my
station.  I am a college student, short on cash, and can't afford to go
and order every CD that looks interesting to me.  I realize that many
people on this list have radio shows.  Could you please email me with
information about what labels are the best about sending out promotional
copies, what's the best way to contact people and to assure them that
their investment is worthwhile, and any other tips you have on
accumulating recordings.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sara Marcus

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->