RE:to Dick Rosenberg, show schedule was: Klezmer Bluegrass fusion

Okay, It seems to be fixed now.
Yes, WMUC is available over the internet. I don't think all the shows
are though - I'm not sure they leave everything up all the time. let
me email and find out what's on the internet or not.

Technically I am not a "staff member" since only undergraduates can be
staff members (so I haven't ever been a staff member technically -
since the show started when I was a grad student). However, about half
the permanent not-really-staff-members are also graduates (not even
graduate students. I think the administration would probably have a
cow if they knew how few undergraduates there were doing shows, but
the graduate students and graduates (not students) are the most
reliable of the staff, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately,  -all the
undergraduates want to play is Pearl Jam or RPM), as well as a goodly
portion of the technical staff. There are (besides me and Andy) two
other people who play klezmer on their shows on 'MUC: Michael Wittman
(not much, he plays mostly world music, but when he plays klezmer,
it's mostly straightforward, non-fusion stuff, although I understand
that he either graduated and left last semester, or will this semester
upcoming) and Jason Colton, who actually is also not physically,
officially *there* - but visits on his sister Melzie's show. I think
they're confused because I'm not *physically* there now.
Currently, we're between semesters, so  the shows' organization are
all about to change. I'll let folks know what the new semester's
schedule is when it comes out - at the last minute, as always. I've
been having my show"syndicated" on another DJ's show - essentially,
Andy is playing a tape of my show for a portion of his show. I have a
little show of my own on the tiny little campus where I am now
(unfortunately, it itself is barely a radio station, which is why I
rigged this deal with Andy). I also am in negotiations for a larger
show on a larger station (i.e a real one, not a campus one. Campus
stuff is getting a  little tiresome after almost four years), so will
send the schedule changes along to Ari when (if) that goes through.
Actually part of the problem is also my fault, because I think
somewhere along there I got lazy about schedule changes on Ari's page
(sorry) -since WMUC is a campus station, the schedule changes every
semester, and also over break. What's on the page actually seems to be
the schedule from one of the breaks, and not from one of the
semesters. I probably should have fixed it when Ari let me know that
the email was bouncing and I changed addresses. Sorry, again.
You'll note that the email address isn't right anymore either. I'll be
sending an update shortly. I suppose this is what happens when
everything implodes at once. Sorry everyone, for not getting all the
info up to date. The address is still good. The station number is
still good. I can still arrange for studio sessions, if you're looking
to record at 'MUC.

The current entry reads:
"College Park: Hi, my name is Alana Suskin, and I would like to
introduce the "Klezmer and Culture Hour" on WMUC-FM (88.1 College
Park, MD) at noon                                          to 1pm
Sunday afternoons (this is a change from the former Sunday afternoon
slot), every week. I'd like to encourage people in the University and
DC metro area to tune in to the show, to call in with requests, to make
suggestions of what they would like to hear, and to let me know about
new groups who I ought to know about, particularly groups based in
Washington, DC, Baltimore or Northern VA. I would also like to
encourage bands who are putting out new albums to forward me a copy,
so that I can give you some exposure, and to let me know when you'll
be in my area for sound-byte ads for my show and interviews or
in-studio sessions/interviews, and please, let me know where you'll be
playing around! I can be reached via e-mail at alanacat (at)
wam(dot)umd(dot)edu,
or you can send me snail mail at: Alana Suskin,             P.O. Box
91, College Park, MD 20740. The station phone number for requests,
etc., is 301-314-8800."

*My* website has the correct info.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/9347

Alana

---Dick Rosenberg <drosenberg (at) dht(dot)com> wrote:

> Alana,
>
> Is your show back on? I started being a regular listener for a while.
> Then one Sunday there was something else on. I called the station and
> they told me you had graduated and there was nobody else who could
do a
> Klezmer show.
>
> Is WMUC still available over the Internet?
>
> Dick Rosenberg

==

Alana Suskin
Ms.Cat