Re: LPs

<<Simon,
regarding your post below; do you have any duplicate Klezmer 78s for sale?
I've
been amassing a giant archive for students to access; our Jewish Orchestra
plays
tunes learned off of the 78s.

Hi S.

Have you seen the "Yikhes" Cd that I distribute, It has some great onld
recordings, with a excellent booklet by Joel Rubin. You can read about it on
Ari's Klez Shack. There are also many other "old" Klezmer reisues.  I haven't
had time to go through the 78's I get, but most are cantorial, a lot of
Rosenblatt. It's not unusual to have 3 or 4 of the same Rosenblatt recording,
in that case , I will part with the duplicates. somday I'll go through the
stuff I have.

the reason I was disappointed with the M. Katz Cd was exactly for the reason
they wouldn't let you do what you wanted to do.  Beleive me, I had many a
conversation with EMI about it.

Yes, the book is by Skip Heller, we have become very good friends over the
last couple of years due to the fact that he and I share a love of 50's Rhythm
& Blues ans well as the "standards" . I still will take "Stardust" over "Bie
Mir Bistu Shein".
If you let me know what you have available, I might be able to put it in the
store, I am always looking for good product.

I will send you the first copy of the Barton Brothers when it comes off the
line. Probably lnot for a few months.
 I have plans to do a Cd in the near future which I think could be very
special. This is an Idea I've had for over 10 years. I don't want to jinx it,
but if this happens, i will be a very happy fella.

Have a Great Goyishe New Year, and let me knwo what you carry.
Simon

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->