chanukah music reply to Judy Fertig

<< Mike:
 Thanks for the info on the upcoming show. It's great to know there is "tons
 of good stuff out there"... Will you send a play list? >>

Hi Judy,

Here is the Chanukah "play list"  from this year's two Chanukah Shows.

There is no particular order here, I am just looking at the various cd's and
tapes and trying to remember what exactly I played - not such an easy task
:-)   Both shows are still available for listening at  www.wmnf.org  (find the
sunday simcha in the archives):

Eight Days of Chanukah -  George David Weiss
LIght a Candle For Chanukah - Debbie Friedman
Judah Macabbee - Safam
Candles of the Menorah - Safam
Another Year, Another Chanukah - Kol B'Seder
La Latka - A yeadle bit of shlock - outer limits
Light One Candle - Peter, Paul, and Mary
The Festival of Lights - Kenny Karen
Chanukah Rap - Craig Taubman
We Light the Lights - Sam Glazer
Hanuka - Judy Frankel
>From Happy Chanukah My Friend:
      Happy Chanukah, My Friend
      I Have a Little Dreidel   medley
Soufganiot - Rabbi Joe Black
Judah Maccabbee - Rabbi Joe Black
Chanukah Chag Yafeh - Paul Zim
The Dreidel Song - Debbi Friedman
Chanukah Chase (can't remember the artist- it's on an LP at the station)
Maoz Tzur - Paul Zim
Oh Chanukah - Danny Albert Orchestra
Na-Me Na Menorah - Allan Lieberman
Hanukah Man - Allan Lieberman
Chanukah Menorah - Rabbi Joe Black
My Menorah -Shlock Rock
Cuts 19-25 on The Chanukah Story  Theodore Bikel and The Western Wind
The ENTIRE  Oy Chanukah CD  by the Klezmer Conservatory Band

Judy,

I know that I have missed some tunes that i played and that I may have listed
the wrong tune from one of the tapes above...but this is a fair
representation.  There is still a whole bunch of Chanukah music and
storytelling left that I didn't play.....

Mix the tunes in with my talking, people bringing me latkes and soufganiot to
eat "on air"...dvrai Torah, etc etc and.....four hours of Chanukah
programming....

mike

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->