---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:58:24 +0200 (IST)
From: "ryna kedar - Mekatleget for music lib."
     <ryna_k (at) tzion(dot)tel-aviv(dot)gov(dot)il>
To: travaline (at) flash(dot)rowan(dot)edu
Subject: Re: Jewish piano music

I went to the shelf where we have Jewish and Israeli piano music and I
pulled out a few things.
Contenporary Israeli Piano Music, vols. 1 & 2, ed. by Peter
Gradenwitz.(works by Avidom, Ben-Haim, Daus, Da-Oz, Erlich,
Gilboa...)Cologne: Musikverlag Hans Gerig, c1976.

Schir Zion, Melodienschatz beruehmter alter Hebraeischer Gesaenge des
juedischen Gottesdienstes, op. 44, ed. by E.D. Wagner. Berlin:
Schlesinger.

A.U. Boscovich -
Semitic Suite. Tel Aviv: J. Naidat, c1948.

______ - The Golden Chain. Tel Aviv: Israel Music Institue, c1962.

Andre Hajdu - Two Hassidic Tunes. Tel Aviv; Israel Music Institute (IMI),
c1982.

Freulichs, ed. by H. Kopit. Petersburg: Gesellschaft fuer juedische
Volksmusik, 1912.

Yinam Leef - Canaanite Fantasy. [Jerusalem]: Israeli Music Publications,
c1987.

M. Milner - Baim Reb'n zu Mlave-malke.St. Petersburg: Gesellschaft fuer
juedischer Volksmusik, 1914.

S. Rosowsky - Badchan. Berlin: Juwal, c1926.

Joachim Stuschewsky - Hassidic Dances (Sounds from the Past). Tel Aviv:
Or-Tav, c1970.

Solomon Ancis - Hanukkah, variations and fugue on a traditional melody.
NY: Transcontinental Music Corp., c1944.

These are just a few. We have a lot of Israeli piano music, but I just
picked out a few that have a Jewish rather than Israeli
melodies. I hope this was helpful.
 Ryna Kedar

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->