From:  Alan Michaels[SMTP:almich (at) mindspring(dot)com]
Sent:  Thursday, June 04, 1998 11:37 AM
To:  jhumor (at) lgk(dot)com
Subject:  [JHUMOR] Be forewarned:  It's a 'groaner'

 T  H  E    J  E  W  I  S  H     H  U  M  O  R      L  I  S  T

The love and appreciation of classical music and the arts by Jews is a
given.  Therefore, I deem this qualified for the 'list'.

A tourist in Vienna is going through a graveyard and all of a sudden he
hears some music. No one is around, so he starts searching for the source.
He finally locates the origin and finds it is coming from a grave with a
headstone that reads: Ludwig van Beethoven, 1770-1827.  Then he realizes
that the music is the Ninth Symphony and it is being played backward!

Puzzled, he leaves the graveyard and persuades a friend to return with him. By
the time they arrive back at the grave, the music has changed. This
time it is the Seventh Symphony, but like the previous piece, it is being
played backward.  Curious, the men agree to consult a music scholar.

When they return with the expert, the Fifth Symphony is playing, again
backward. The expert notices that the symphonies are being played in the
reverse order in which they were composed, the 9th, then the 7th, then the
5th.

By the next day the word has spread and a throng has gathered around the
grave. They are all listening to the Second Symphony being played backward.
Just then the graveyard's caretaker ambles up to the group. Someone in the
crowd asks him if he has an explanation for the music.

"Don't you get it?" the caretaker says incredulously.

DO YOU GET IT?[guess before scrolling down]

>>      "He's decomposing!"

To Subscribe to this list send email to listserv (at) lgk(dot)com with the
message: subscribe jhumor your name

Digest mode is now available and one posting will be sent weekly to
people on the digest version of the list.
To switch to digest mode send a message to listserv (at) lgk(dot)com with
the message: set mode digest jhumor
To change back the command is: set mode standard jhumor

If you read anything that offends you, express your dislike by using
the DELETE button (or mailing the original poster) NOT THIS LIST.
Users who post comments or complaints to the LIST will IMMEDIATELY be
removed (without prejudice <G>) and banned from joining in the
future. Send to jhumor-owner (at) lgk(dot)com (i.e. me the list owner)
and not the list.