RE: Sephardi Sh'ma (was Re: Governess, one last time)

Ari--

It's not as simple as saying the halacha proscribes it.  Some say yes and
some say no.  I don't think you read the whole exchange between Gary and
Me, and probably some other readers missed the rest of it too.  Whe you
have dozens of incoming emails, you figure that when you see   <<< that you
must have read that part already.  I included the whole discussion in my

You're absolutely right about the 3 syllables, though.  Makes the
substitution rhythmically equal.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
voice/fax: 413-624-3204
http://www.crocker.com/~ganeydn

>Yosl,
>
>thanks for sharing this with us.

>In any event, if the halacha proscribes anything but the specific,
>that is good to know.
>
>ari

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->