[Fwd: Re: Jews performing Christian holiday music]

Ben Gidley wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Kame'a Media wrote:
>
> > Any self-respecting Jewish person who hires him/herself out to perform
> > music sacred to Christians,  in a church, would do well to remember
> > brethren and sistren slaughtered, raped and maimed under the banner of
> > the cross
> > in years gone by.  To those who would reply that it's just another gig,
> > I would say, "Bollocks, <l'havdil> (there is a difference).
> >
> Isn't that like saying that any self-respecting Jewish person who enters
> a synagogue would do well to remember the people killed by the state of
> Isreal "under the banner of" the Star of David?

Dear Ben Gidley:

No, it isn't.
What you speak of is modern nation-state power politics.
And,  the State of Israel does not have a direct hand in the synagogues
of the world, so the connection you make has no relevance, really.
What I referred to is more along the lines of institutionalized
anti-Semitism.  Centuries of Christian clergy demonizing the Jewish
people .....
You know the rest.

Wolf

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->