From:  KLEZMER313 (at) aol(dot)com[SMTP:KLEZMER313 (at) aol(dot)com]
Sent:  Thursday, November 19, 1998 11:18 PM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject:  Re: last child (question from my web page)

My band does a Krenztl ceremony.....where the parents who have married off the
last child sit in a love-seat arrangement in the middle of the dance floor. I
usually have the bride and groom place crowns of flowers on their heads and
then all the guests form circles around the couple. Small inner
circle...larger ones as the move outward.

The band then plays and sings "Di mezhinkhe...." and the people start to dance
slowly around them taking opportunities to move in and say Mazel-Tov.  The
music picks up pace steadily and before you know it......off we go and
everyone is dancing.

To end it all we bring it back to the slow pace and "sing the tune out"

I am sure this is probably an adaptation at best and a bastardization at worst
of what some of the purists on the list may do......but out here in the sticks
:-)   it works real nicely and is a lot of fun.

mike eisenstadt
tampa, galut, florida

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->