To Sephardic music enthusiasts -Reply

Isabelle-- Thanks for the calendar.  I have an Alhambra cassette at home
& I love it.  Can you (or anyone else) recommend other good
representative recordings of Sephardic music?--  I'm particularly
interested in instrumental music, but don't know where to start.

Thanks,
Pete Rushefsky
rushefsky (at) healthcareplan(dot)org
716-857-4481 (w)
716-883-5938 (h)

>>> iganz <IGanz (at) compuserve(dot)com> 11/18/98 11:16pm >>>
The Sephardic music ensemble, ALHAMBRA, will be performing Chanukah
programs of all-Sephardic music:

1. Sunday November 22 at 3:30 p.m. at Temple Israel in West Bloomfield,
Michigan (which is Detroit).  The exact address is 5725 Walnut Lake
Road.
The concert is sponsored by the Cohn-Haddow Center for Judaic Studies of
Wayne State University.

2. Sunday December 6 at 1 p.m. at the Caramoor Festival, Katonah, New
York.
 For information contact Tammie by fax: (914) 232-5521

3. Sunday December 6 at 3 p.m. at the Caramoor Festival.  SOLD OUT.

Members of ALHAMBRA are: George Mgrdichian, oud; Isabelle Ganz, vocals,
shawm; Daniel Pincus, vocals, percussion; Michael Hess, kanun, violin,
nay
(flute), percussion; Yousif Sheronick, dumbek, riq, bendir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->