Re: Sheyna Is A Punk Rocker

>Rotten (John Lydon) was the last great rock and roll star.  True to his
>class and the original spirit of the music.  His comments  on England,
>America and the people who control the  music business  are intelligent
>and brutally honest.  It ain't pretty, folks.

Hmmm, interesting: he should know about the business having played in a
band that was carefully created by Malcolm McLaren (how punk is punk?). And
of course there was the idealistic reunion tour... Fortunately we don't
need him to know it ain't pretty (why do I hear Tom Lehrer in my head now
singing "and we will all go together when we go...")

To return to jewish punk and other things: does anyone know if the music
score that Gary Lucas set to the silent movie "Der golem" has been released
somewhere? I saw him perform this live once here in Groningen, I wasn't
taken away by it completely but it sure was an interesting experiment and
had some good bits,

MOI
Gerben

Gerben Zaagsma