From:   Ari Davidow [SMTP:ari (at) ivritype(dot)com]
Sent:   Monday, October 19, 1998 8:39 AM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant.
Subject:        More Punk Jew Stuff

You should add the New Klezmer Trio to your list. They have 2 albums out.
The song "feedback Doina" is a classic.
Shades of James White and the Blacks (or was it James Black and the Whites
- or was it the Contortions?)
Don't worry, there may not be too many current punks on the list, but a few
of us went through it in our time and still have a taste for the musically
noisy!
I played in a punk band for a while that was made up of the same people who
I played Bar Mitzvahs with. Every now and again, we'd blow away a Bar
Mitzvah reception with our version of White Riot (The Clash), much to the
delight of the 13 year olds, and the chagrin of their parents.

Benny
Benjamin_Laden (at) peoplesoft(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->