wedding ceremonies, tune origins

2 questions please

kabbalat panim - I play regularly for chuppahs here in sunny Melbourne
Australia and several times have heard this term rarely but used in
different ways. My understanding is that it refers to the time just before
unveiling of the bride? any other terms and definitions for a klezmer
musician?

"the happy nigun" - this jolly little freylachs (?) has been recorded and
printed by Giora Feidman but I've only come across it on one other
recording (I reckon my collection is pretty reasonable especially since
travelling a few months ago to USA and Europe) I realise that origins of
most klezmer tunes is in the murky past however does anyone know where this
one comes from. it has to my ear an unusual structure and phrasing which
perhaps might link it somewhere? or is it a recent composition?

ps I realise I owe more than a few people I visited thankyou and hello
emails etc and look forward to doing so after getting over jetlag (poor
excuse) and current but short lived busy music season.

pps however I will say that KlezKamp West was fantastic and if you can get
to the next one grab the opportunity, also the Cracow Jewish Cultural
Festival is an inspiring event.
Ernie Gruner
KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC  (Jugularity, Kalinka, Klezmeritis, Bronwyn Calcutt, etc)
Phone +613 9386 7108    Fax +613 9386 7108
2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058 , Victoria,  Australia
erniegru (at) mira(dot)net

check out JUGULARITY's Homepage  (NEW UPDATES of SOUNDFILES, PICTURES & PUNS)
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
@@COMING UP!!    JUGULARITY'S 10th anniversary concert and new album