Re: Anybody know this song???

This song is called 'Midinat Yisra'el'. Words by Sh. Shalom and music by
Moshe Bick.

Correction in first verse: le'ami hanoded, not l'ameinu.

Further verses:

Bach yakum dor chadash
Bach yanuv hamidbar.
Kol sadeh bach mikdash
La'oved hayashar.

At tis'ee veramah
Besorah la'amim:
Mitru'at milchamah
li'shlom olamim.

At kinor kol rinah
At mishkan kol go'el,
Midinah, midinah,
Midinat Yisra'el.

My colleague found this in a collection of songs by Moshe Bick called
'Selected Choral Songs' (Shirei makhelah nivcharim), Ed. by Shlomo Kaplan
for 4 part chorus. Published by the Education and Culture Centre of the
General Federation of Labour-Histadrut, Tel-Aviv, 1971.

Moshe Bick was born in 1899 and has since passed away but I don't have a
date for that. We do have another song book in the library that was
published in honor of his 80th birthday.

Hope this information is what you were looking for!

Ryna Kedar
Head, Acquisitions & Cataloging Division
The Felicja Blumental Music Center & Library
Tel-Aviv, Israel

 On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Jack Falk wrote:

> Looking for information about a Zionist song from around the time of
> Israel's Independence.  These are the words, transliterated, as recalled
> from memory by my Hebrew teacher, Irving Karol (formerly of Boston and
> Springfield, Mass.):
>
> Medinah, medinah, l'ameinu hanodeid
> K'gilui hash'chinah l'eineinu nig'leit
> L'eineinu nig'leit.//
>
> Bizro-ot ahava, tif't'chi sha-areich
> Li-s'ridei l'havah, hachomdim afareich...(repeat first section)
>

> Does anyone know if this song exists in print?  Are there more verses?
> Anybody recall its composer/lyricist?  Anyone have any other information or
> memories about it?
>
> Replies can be sent to bslader (at) teleport(dot)com(dot)
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Barbara Slader

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->