KlezKanada 98

    I just wanted to say that we just got back from Klezkanada last
week and the performances were outstanding throughout the 5 day event.
The food was also very good and the participants were all very
pleased with the whole event.
    The list of performers is to large to list but the websit has a
complete list.
    A brief run down of celebrities include
    Brave old World
    Chicago Klezmer Ensemble
    Many members of KCB
    Bruce Adler
    Micheal Wex
    Adrienne Cooper
    Zalmen Mlotek
    Judy Bressler
    Micheal Alpert
    Hankus Netsky
    Alan Bern
    Kurt Bjorlan
    Jeff Warschauer
    Deborah Strauss
    Josh Waletsky

    The introduction of new Yiddish songs by Josh et al is something
that I haven't previously seen at similar events and is most welcome.
I would suggest anyone interested to consider it for next year if it
should be offered again.  The childrens program was also excellent.
Festivities went on into the morning with groups ending as late as
5:30 AM.  My limit was 4:30AM.  Congratulations to the organizing
committee and performers. See you at KlezKamp this year.
Abe Malz