Re: Peisachke Burstein

Hi, Henry!
Just wanted to ask you a quick question regarding your CD compilations. Is it
true that stuff from the '20s and teens is actually in the public domain?  When
does one have to start acquiring "rights"? Did you have to get any sort of
permission to release some of the later stuff on your Tarras compilation?
The reason why I'm asking is because I'm in the process of doing a tiny run of
homemade CDs on my CD-R. The people who would be buying it are other folks in
my Community Klezmer Orchestra, the same people that have already bought your
CDs! For what era are rights necessary to obtain?
Regards,
Steven

Sapoznik (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> With regards to Simon's assertion about the "late" Lillian Lux, I'd like to
> paraphrase Mark Twain's response to a premature obituary about him: "Rumors
> about my death are highly exxagerated."
> Lillian Lux is alive and very well and living in New York.
>
> Henry Sapoznik

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->