Re: Peisachke Burstein

At 12:11 PM -0500 8/14/98, <Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com> wrote:
>The Megila of Itzik Manger was available many years ago on Lp, an Israeli
>Yiddish version and an American Broadway version . Both have been out of print
>for many years.

The Megila of Itzik Manger performed by the Burstein Family is a wonderful
recording, both the material and the performance.  It was manufactured and
distributed by CBS Records Ltd. P>O>B> 681, Tel Aviv, Israel.

It may be out of print, but it might be possible to track down unsold
copies somewhere.  I found it a few years ago at the book center at the
Workmen's Circle, or, Henry, if you are in touch with Lillian Lux, perhaps
she might know where to get copies.  Finally, if enough people ask for it,
perhaps CBS of Israel might be persuaded to reissue it.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340