Re: jewish dance, reply

Besides Steve, I would also recommend Michael Alpert who has done
workshops for us at our Shorashim dance weekend and at our weekly dance
session in New York City.  His dance material is authentic as his music
(e.g., Brave Old World).  Our next Shorashim dance weekend is coming up
over the Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 5-7) in NYC.  Contact me for details.

Haim Kaufman

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, M Rubin wrote:

> >Regarding Klez dance- at Klez camp this past winter, we had a wonderful
> >teacher from Atlanta whose name I have unfortunately misplaced.
>
> He is indeed wonderful and his name is Steven Weintruab <dancinstev (at)
> aol(dot)com>.
> I just came back from performing at the Festival of American Folklife in
> Wash. D.C., where he got a packed dancefloor doing complex sher's and
> "needle dances" in no time flat. Quite a sight to see, klezmer music
> performed in it's actual context.

> Mark Rubin
>
> POB 49227
> Austin TX  USA  78765-9227
>
> -Bad Livers
> www.hyperweb.com/badlivers
>
> -Rubinchik's Orkestyr
> www.nonpareil.net/rubinchik
>
> -Richard Linklater's "The Newton Boys" soundtrack by Bad Livers
> www.newtonboys.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->