From:           <Cantorb (at) aol(dot)com>
Date sent:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 23:57:42 EDT
To:             MALZ (at) POSTBOX(dot)CSI(dot)CUNY(dot)EDU
Subject:        Serenade at the Alice Austen House

SERENADE, Cantor Suzanne Bernstein and Greg Askins, guitar, will be
performing
on Wednesday, June 17 at 7 p.m. at the Alice Austen House as part of
the
Council for Arts and Humanities of Staten Island Junefest series.
This
concert will be held outdoors, weather permitting, so bring a picnic dinner.
(In case of rain, the concert will be held indoors and picnics will not be
permitted.)  The program includes a set of beautiful and unusual arrangements
of Yiddish songs published by Andre Asriel of east Germany as well
songs by Schubert, Roderigo, and Copland.

The Alice Austen House, "Cold Comfort," is the lovingly restored
Victorian
cottage of pioneer photographer Alice Austen who documented, among
other
things, both the high society and the difficult immigrant life in the late
nineteenth century.  It is at the northern-most end of Hylan Blvd., off Bay
Street.  The concert is free.  For further information, call Council on the
Arts and Humanities of Staten Island at  Snug Harbor Cultural Center,
718-448-2500.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->