Re: Integrating Jewish Music / Culture into the Establishment

Pete & al.,
        I think the topic is great.  As a non-performer, I've occasionally
tried to get "conventions" of Jewish groups to consider klezmorim as part
of their entertainment, and have only had success with the more religiously
oriented (congregations, regional groups of congregations).  Do any of the
performers on the list have direct experience "marketing" to the more
community-oriented groups (UJAs, Jewish Community Councils, B'nai Brith,
Hadassah, etc.)?  Any tips for how to sell in that market?

Mike Leavitt <mrl (at) alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Reston, VA

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->