Re: FW: clarinet music

"And the Angels Sing" is a THIRD GENERATION production, in a manner of
speaking. The tune was first recorded by Harry Kandel as an instrumental
about the end of World War I. Then someone put Yiddish words (title
something like "Die Naye Sher" -- see the Conservatory Klezmer Band's
first recording) to the tune. The English followed, probably in the 30's.

There are some folios of parts for Klezmer music. I believe that the
Kammen company publishes some of them, and it's probable that there are
other publications as well.

Hope Ehn               <ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->