Re: Cimbalom

Hi Aaron.  I've got a concert sized one & live in Buffalo (if you're ever
near this part of NY State).  Really would like one more portable.  My main
thing is to try to mimic the klezmer cymbalom on 5-string banjo.  I've got
a resource guide on cymbaloms that I can email you if you'd like.

Pete Rushefsky
218 Lexington Ave.
Buffalo, NY  14222
716-857-4481 (w)
716-883-5938 (h)
rushefsky (at) healthcareplan(dot)org

----------
> From: Aaron Bousel <apbousel (at) valinet(dot)com>
> To: World music from a Jewish slant. <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
> Subject: Cimbalom
> Date: Sunday, March 29, 1998 10:01 AM
>
> Can anyone give me some information on the cimbalom?  I've certainly
heard
> it plenty on recordings but I only have a vague idea of what it looks
like,
> mostly from pictures on CDs.  Is there a specific design that is used in
> klezmer?  Is anyone making them?  Are there used ones available?  I'm a
> piano and piano accordion player and would love to see one of these
things
> 'live' and try it out.  I live in the Amherst, MA area so if any of you
are
> not too far away and would like to show off your instrument please
contact
> me.  Otherwise just some general information would be helpful.  I'll save
> some bandwidth by thanking you all in advance.
>
> Aaron

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->