RE: survey and Musical/Tin Pan Alley

Sometimes in February, I stopped reading almost all of the Jewish-music
mail and am just now beginning to catch up with everything.   Just
found this post.

First let me say Gideon Aronoff, that I very much appreciated your
comments below.  I have been learning more and more about Lieber and
Stoller and have become fascinated by all this whole topic.
Furthermore, it's totally fascinating at how Jews in general are always
so adept at articulating and defining the local cultural values and
essences for both Jews and non-Jews whether that its film, or music or
art, business, or politics, etc.; or whether the country is America,
Germany, Poland, Italy, France, or Arab countries, etc.

Second, Alex Lubet, do you know or anyone else know what Phillip Roth's
hilarious explanation of White Christmas and Easter Parade?   I would
love to hear the explanation.

Did you hear what Cole Porter said when someone asked him how you write
a Broadway melody?   He said "Well, first you start with a Yiddish song."

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky