The musician of Lublin

Dear Fellow Listers:

I've just received an invitation to teach American music at Marie Curie
University in Lublin, Poland for five weeks in spring 1999.  I'm interested in
any information/advice any of you may have to offer about any aspect of such a
trip, including ways I might make myself useful to any of you on the list.  I
don't want to drown you with details about myself, but:

1)  Although my day job is teaching classical music, I compose (and write lyrics
and occasionally scripts) mostly for theatre and play guitar and mandolin in
Jewish and world music groups.

2)  I don't speak Polish.  I studied Russian and German too long ago and my
Yiddish is about like everybody else's whose parents didn't want them to learn
it.

3)  I think I'm only lecturing one day a week, so I'll be able to do a fair
amount of travel.

Whatever you can tell me will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American Studies
University of Minnesota
100 Ferguson Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455