Re: Ari Davidow as an authority

I'm new to this list. I'm hoping it will prove more informative than
antagonistic.

I happen to find Mr. Davidow's music reviews enlightening, enthusiastically
spirited, fun to read and generally on target in terms of recommendations
of klezmer music. I've learned a lot from them.

Has anyone heard the album from Judy Frankel "silver and gold" which is
Ladino music? I just heard it and liked it very much. I'd be interested in
more recommendations about other singers who are *collecting* and
performing sephardic music. She gives not only great performances, but
interesting histories of the songs. (already know of f. jagoda) thanks for
any assistance. Judy.

-
Judy Fertig
Reference Librarian
Brandeis University
Goldfarb Library MS045
415 South Street                                phone:(617-736-4705)
Waltham, MA 02254-9110                  email: fertig (at) brandeis(dot)edu

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->