"Yiddishkeit"?

B"H Munich

Mornin' y'all.

This is the first time in my life I've ever heard of "Yiddishkeit" to refer
the klezmer revival and/or the rebirth of the Yiddish langauge. In Yiddish,
Yiddishkeit translates as Judaism, though in a much deeper sense,
much deeper than the German "Judentum" or the English "Judaism" would
imply.

Is this some new musicological fad? As beautiful as the Yiddish language
is,
as interesting as klezmer music is, PUH-LEEZ don't confuse it with the
Jewish religion.

Chalila that we should someday be saying:

"these are your g-ds, O Israel!"

Alex Jacobowitz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->