Music discussions on Virtual Ashkenaz

http://www.ashkenaz.org/virtual.html

I had thought that once the Ashkenaz festival in Toronto this
past summer was over, that the "Virtual Ashkenaz" community
could be put to rest. But not only do people refuse to go home,
but we've just been treated to a wonderful series of posts on
old time klezmer in Rumania and Hungary, the origins of the klezmer
scene in Boston during the '70s, and a wide variety of subjects
relating to Yiddish in the here and now.

Virtual Ashkenaz isn't a mailing list--you need to use a web
browser. This means that discussions can continue and reach
different kinds of depth.

Participants range in location from Budapest to Los Angeles, and
in age from college to grandparents. What seems to distinguish
the forums, however, is the thoughtfulness of many of the posts.
It's not a pedantic place. It seems to be a place to talk about
things within the world of Yiddish that matter.

So, do come join us. The welcome wagon is out.

The Virtual Ashkenaz forum requires access to a "web browser".
If you have one, come visit
   http://www.ashkenaz.org/virtual.html
for instructions on how the system works, and to do your free
registration, and to start reading and participating.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list